This website contains a wealth of useful information on ways to help the people in Ferguson, how you can organize and participate locally, and helps to spread the word and keep the message strong.
Oppression is cooking being “women’s work,” while the overwhelming majority of top restaurant chefs are male.
Oppression is fashion being a “silly girl thing,” while the top earning designers and CEOs in fashion are male.
Oppression is reducing women to consumers profiting a male system, even in fields that we supposedly dominate.
this is so fucking important.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes and don’t think too hard-they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure to let your friends know that you’ve tagged them.
I was tagged by the beautiful etoilesenpapier
1. Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block
2. the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
3. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
4. Cut by Patricia McCormick
5. Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori
6. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
7. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
8. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
9. It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
10. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
And I’m tagging all of my mutuals who want to do this.